Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The View from the Top



My first day in Baku! This picture was taken from the top of Maiden Tower with a beautiful view of the city. It was a perfect spring day, though there was a little fog, especially over the Caspian Sea. The modern structures in the distance are new buildings being constructed to look like flames. Fire is a symbol of Azerbaijan. I only had a few hours in Baku this morning, because then I got on a bus to Ganja. The ride took five hours, but now I am in my final destination. I will post much more tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rhonda, I am so excited for you. I am sorry we did not connect before you left. I am hoping that you did receive my return call. I not very good with going on my e-mails. I am hoping to follow you. xoxox Jennifer

    ReplyDelete